We are collecting donations to develop programs that offer support to young artisans who are learning leather mosaic technique. Your donation also will help improve resource base of the only vocational school in Kazan that trains and fosters leather mosaic craftsmanship.
In her interview to TNV planeta channel Tatarlar program, Director of Kazan Vocational School of Handicrafts Mrs. Raushaniya Saubanova talks about scarcity of financial resources to keep the program of leather mosaic running as well as scarcity of masters to pass on the craft and the passion. Please watch the full interview here.
In collaboration with Kazan Vocational School of Handicrafts, we are looking for ways to:
- promote the art of leather mosaic, that’s why we created Scholarship Fund that will encourage and support young people to pursue career in leather mosaic craftmanship.
- support limited number of masters and specialists that can pass the mastery and wisdom to young people.
If Tatar leather mosaic has captured your heart and you want to be part of efforts in reviving this ancient art, please consider a donation. We highly appreciate any contribution and assure that 90% of your donation will directly
- fund the scholarship program that will encourage career choice as a leather mosaic master / designer. Your contribution will make big difference in promoting the program of leather mosaic in Kazan Vocational School of Handicrafts and the importance of craftmanship as a career ;
- offer programming for young artisans
- support the precious several local masters who need to be pampered and valued.
10% will go to support this website and arrange engagements for promoting the art in the USA, like this one.
The efforts in popularizing unique leather mosaic, encouraging younger generation to consider craftsmanship careers, and promoting once well-known and famous Tatar boots and leather goods – are part of long-term project that will make people revisit their heritage, think more about disappearing arts and crafts due to fast-paced digitization and about engaging themselves in creation of new masterpieces by their hands using old and unique techniques!